Technology of my Skin Care is Sun Protection
This post is not about a start up, coding, funding or disruption …..its actually about makeup!
I recently posted a picture of me attempting to do my own eye make up and was flooded with comments about my skin, so I thought I would post my response for everyone to see.
Makeup is fun, key, and a must for most girls….but not That Tech Girl!
Make up to me is simple and meant to highlight your beauty, not cover it up. I have done a 5 minute makeup routine for years! However I have realized that I should be prepared in the event I have to do my own make up for film and television so I have started studying on YouTube. I have been blown away with all of the talent sharing tips.
Film make up is completely different from day to day make up. I find many people don’t know the difference or perhaps they just don’t care. For a regular day- to- day- there- are- no- red- carpets- or- cameras- following- me look, LESS is always best! For a camera ready look you will always want to go outside of your comfort zone and PACK IT ON!
I know I know make up and Tech don’t really seem to fit but guess what…THEY go hand and hand.
Makeup is a form a technology, it is a tool used to get you from where you currently are to where you want to be. It is a tool used as real life social media. It says a lot about you whether you like it or not.
So to get to the point and answer the question proposed to me by a number of people…..
HOW DOES YOUR MAKE UP LAY SO EFFORTLESSLY AND WHY IS YOUR SKIN SO CLEAR???….
SKIN CARE IS SUN PREVENTION:
- I wear SPF 70 or higher EVERYDAY
- On cloudy or rainy days I drop down to SPF 30
- I do not consume more than 30 minutes of direct sunlight per day
- I do not sleep in make up…DO NOT DO IT
- I do not drink alcohol
- I do not smoke or hang around smokers…I avoid 1, 2, 3rd hand smoke whenever possible
- I do not have direct contact with the sun longer than 5-10 min at a time.
- I ALWAYS use an umbrella /parasol/EXTRA large brim hat if I must be out in the sun (I shop coolibar.com
- There you go that is the secret!
I would love to here your skin care tips!
That Tech Girl, is Liberty Madison, a technology TV host & producer, lecture and contributor